Added on Jun 19, 2010 in Music
Torrent verified. Downloaded 2 times.
Trinidad (1912-1941) (Size: 259.52 MB)
Trinidad (1912-1941) Harlequin HQCD16 01
1. Trinidad Paseo - Lovey's Trinidad String Band
2. Manuelito - Lovey's Trinidad String Band
3. Hold Him Joe - Sam Manning's Orchestra
4. Trinidad Carnival Songs - Monrose String Orchestra
5. Bajan Girl - Lionel Belasco
6. Amazon - Lionel Belasco
7. Mongoose Hop - Lionel Belasco
8. Nancy - Jack Celestain & His Caribbean Stompers
9. Bungo - Sam Manning
10. Talking to Myself - Sam Manning's Orchestra
11. I'm Going Your Way - Sam Manning's Orchestra
12. Belle Femme - Sam Manning & His Orchestra
13. Recuerdos del Pasado - Sam Manning's Rhythm Boys
14. Don't Touch Me - Harmony Kings' Orchestra
15. Marguerite - Gerald Clark and His Caribbean Serenaders
16. Why Me Craf Vex With Me - Emery Cournard Serenaders
17. Under the British Commander - Emery Cournard Serenaders
18. Lopez Contreras - Codallo's Top Hatters
19. Happy Man - Georgie Johnson & His Rhythm Kings
20. Memories of Trinidad - George Cabral
21. Rumba Dance, The - Lion/Gerald Clark and His Caribbean Serenaders
22. Suzi-Qu - Lion/George Mutoo & His Demerara Orchestra
23. Jitterbug - King Radio/Gerald Clark and His Caribbean Serenaders
24. Charming Trinidad - Lion/Sa Gomes Rhythm Boys
25. Bob White (Whatcha Gonna Swing Tonight?) - Felix & His Krazy Kats
Playing time: 60 min.
Producer: Dick Spottswood (Compilation)
Distributor: City Hall
Recording type: Studio
Recording mode: Mono
SPAR Code: n/a
Performers include: Harmony Kings, Lion, King Radio, Felix & Krazy Kat.
Includes liner notes by John Cowley & Dick Spottswood.
Personnel: Hubert Raphael Charles, Norman Span (vocals); Gerald Clark (guitar, cuatro, percussion); Donald Black, L. Demile (guitar); Cecil Bonnes (banjo); Cyril Monrose, T.A. Codallo (violin); P. Branche (flute); Gregory Felix (clarinet); Rupert Cole (alto saxophone); Lionel Belasco (piano); Bill Verwayne (drums); Richard K. Spottswood (programming).
Audio Remasterers: Jack Towers; Charlie Crump.
Liner Note Authors: Richard K. Spottswood; John Crowley.
Unknown Contributor Role: Gerald Clark.
This is a mixed bag of enchanting music and cuts only a collector could love. Pretty much all -- and all the best -- material is instrumental, with gems ranging from charming Venezuelan-influenced string-band to a superb piano solo by George Cabral. The preceding spate of reissues has swept up most of the treasures already, though The Lion is on form. ~ John Storm Roberts, Original Music